If you spend all your time at your workplace and you have teammates who do, but you see that the expected performance at the end of the day is not, you are reading the right article. Today, we will discuss the subject of “productivity in the workplace”, which has never changed since the past. Doing the most work in the least amount of time is the ultimate goal of every business. No matter what year we are in, efforts are always made to reduce productivity problems or to increase existing productivity. Therefore, today;
What is efficiency?
Productivity in the workplace,
Factors affecting productivity,
What to do to increase efficiency
We will deal with the Corporate Suggestion System titles.
Efficiency is doing a lot of work in the least amount of time and getting maximum benefit. This concept, which we encounter in all areas of our lives, is the biggest factor in achieving the goal. The situation that most affects productivity is the individual’s self-motivation. For a person to be productive in her work or service, a person must have goals that motivate her. E.g; adding something to yourself, financial gain, reward, etc…
We can guess that the productivity is not 100% due to many reasons such as distractions, concentration problems, emotional states, fatigue, self-sacrifice. However, even if it is not 100%, it is tried to provide the maximum possible efficiency.
At this point, certain studies are carried out to increase productivity in business life. Employers provide environmental conditions and opportunities to motivate employees. Strategies to increase productivity are tried to be achieved by making efficiency analyzes at regular intervals.
To be able to carry out these studies to ensure efficiency, we must first know the factors affecting productivity. Then we can find out how we can eliminate or improve these factors.
Long-term improvements and inspections should be made to increase efficiency. When it is short-term, there will be constant ups and downs as well as a lack of company discipline. So first of all;
1. Measurement: This measurement includes daily or weekly reports. These reports allow seeing analysis related to efficiency. At the same time, recording what employees do will enable them to be more productive.
2. Conducting Internal Audit: Supervising employees that they are doing their duties is also a great method for discipline.
3. Organizing events for the advancement of relations within the company: Motivation and efficiency cannot be expected in a working environment where corporate relations are not strong. Therefore, activities in the name of socialization are of great value.
4. Process plan-making and recording: Monthly, weekly or daily planning is important to see how well tasks are accomplished.
5. Weekly or monthly improvement: Reporting results are important for recognizing deficiencies and putting suggestions into practice. Evaluation and improvement should form a cycle between themselves. Thus, it is ensured that the efficiency becomes continuous.
6. Performing Seiwet ABC analysis: With this analysis, it is possible to use time and efficiency most accurately by ranking the works in order of importance.
7. Using software and technological services that will facilitate work and follow-up are among the methods that increase productivity. As an example of this software, we can give the “Corporate Suggestion System”. So what is this corporate suggestion system?
Institutional Suggestion System; It is the system used to provide the necessary motivation and communication, evaluate suggestions and make improvements to ensure maximum efficiency in companies Also, it is called the Suggestion System, the “Individual Suggestion System” or the “Employee Suggestion System”.
With this system, the requests and suggestions of the employees are forwarded to the management. Subsequently, the accepted ones are implemented or corrected. In this way, employees are given a voice in the operation of the company, and motivation is provided.
Jr. Digital Marketing Specialist