Today, many companies dream of having happy employees. To realize this dream, they look for different ways. As a result of these searches, companies understand how important employee happiness is. If there is a magic wand, companies would like to do anything to increase employee satisfaction. Because now the leaders and managers of big companies know that to be successful and profitable, they need to have happy employees.
A happy employee always takes more ownership of the job. Thus, employee productivity increases. Thus, the productivity of the employees in their work increases. A motivated employee performs the assigned task on time and happily. A highly motivated employee takes initiative and is willing to take on additional responsibilities. There is a direct relationship between the performance provided by a happy employee and work efficiency. Research and results have proven this. In addition, the happiness of the employees is a direct determinant of customer happiness.
In the last 25 years, various studies have been conducted to determine the link between the mentality of employees and the performance of companies. For this reason, one-to-one interviews were conducted with more than 1 million employees and managers in 24 different sectors in 82 countries of the world, and surveys were conducted on hundreds of thousands of companies.
As a result of the research, it is revealed that the company takes its power from employee happiness and loyalty. It shows that businesses that provide this have a significant competitive advantage in productivity, customer happiness, earnings, and employee loyalty.
1. Be transparent and objective to your employees about what is happening in your company.
2. Make events, communicate and sustain with your employees. Working with managers they have not seen creates a feeling of dissatisfaction in them.
3. Don’t manage your employees, coach and lead them.
4. Carefully evaluate your company’s employee satisfaction surveys.
5. Take the fear and stress out of your company culture.
6. Show respect and love to your employees.
7. Appreciate your employees.
8. Be a good example to your employees. Being able to successfully balance work and life in today’s busy working conditions is a very difficult struggle. Therefore, instead of hindering them, support their work-life balance and support their work.
9. Work to get your team to embrace your goals.
10. Offer them the opportunity to work independently.
11. Your employees know for themselves when they are productive. Let them organize their schedules flexibly.
12. Encourage them to do sports and exercise and show exemplary behavior by doing it.
13. Create an excellent work environment.
14. Offer good bonuses.
15. Give your employees challenging jobs so they can outdo themselves. Challenge them!
The more accurate, transparent, and first-hand information is transferred from top to bottom, the less disconnection and independence within the organization will be. The better the employees know about the goals, policies, strategies, authorities, and responsibilities of the company and the job they work for, the more successful they will be. Also, the integration of employees with each other will be much easier and more sustainable with effective communication channels. For this reason, systems should be created where employees can freely access the information and shares, they want and communicate easily with each other.
Company managers need to show that they motivate and lead their employees. Thus, they will establish transparent and effective communication with the employees, increase the performance of the employees and their loyalty to the company. In addition, working for the development, motivation, and happiness of the employees, inspiring them, and drawing a leader profile that follows the innovations enable the desired result to be achieved more quickly.
Good sharing and relations between employees, managers, and departments increase employee happiness. Creating a culture of sharing with in-house events and organizations brings employees one step closer to happiness.
Employees want to work in environments where they enjoy working and are happy, and they feel more belonging to such institutions.
Today, it is possible to say that the biggest goal of human resources is to create happy and committed employees. Therefore, human resources departments should review all their processes and implement employee-oriented policies. If institutions want to create value for their employees and achieve their goals within this framework, they must first invest in a well-designed internal communication system.
The Corporate Suggestion System builds a bridge between employees and management, allowing employees to share their suggestions, advice, and ideas about the company with the relevant people on the platform. It supports the creation of an in-house innovation culture and ensures the emergence of new ideas. Suggestion systems also facilitate employee idea management processes.
Each institution has its own culture and the application of the Intranet system provides a great advantage for its own culture to be sustainable. The Intranet enables both existing employees and new employees to adapt to the institution’s culture more easily. Recognition of this opportunity also provides the opportunity for institutions to demonstrate to their employees that they have a human-oriented management approach.
In summary; We can say that employee happiness includes many options along with happiness, satisfaction, and commitment to progress successfully and sustainably.